Kessler Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship in the Center for Mobility & Rehabilitation Engineering (CMRE)
Length of Fellowship: 12-24 months
Year Established: 2000
Residents per Year: 1
Participate in a project investigating the robotic exoskeletons for gait rehabilitation post stroke using a multimodal approach — involving EMG, kinematics (motion tracking), and MRI, EEG, transcranial magnetic stimulation — to study how brain-to-muscle integration is affected in post stroke gait.
Develop mentored research project in post stroke gait rehabilitation, and work on other projects, in neuromuscular rehabilitation in diverse patient populations, including traumatic brain injury and stroke.
Work on various aspects of research projects from inception (study formulation, grant-writing, etc.) through dissemination (conference presentation and manuscript publication), with opportunities to collaborate with clinicians.
- PhD degree in biomedical engineering, biomechanics, exercise science or closely related field.
- Strong computer skills, with solid programming experience, particularly Matlab.
- Background in motion capture, signal processing and biomedical instrumentation.
- Ability to independently develop data processing/analysis methods.
- Excellent written communication skills.
In addition, the following qualifications are preferred:
- Research experience involving human subjects.
- History of publication and presentation of original research.
- Interests and/or experience in the following areas: gait, biomechanics, neuromuscular rehabilitation, and/or biomedical signal processing.
All fellows participate in an extensive training curriculum and didactic offerings. Multidisciplinary mentored training opportunities are individually tailored to achieve specific goals considering each fellow’s prior background and interests.
More information can be found at www.kesslerfoundation.org/researchcenter/postdoctoralfellowshipprogram
When applying, please include résumé, contact information of three references, and a cover letter summarizing relevant research expertise, experience, and interests. Please apply to career@KesslerFoundation.org.